Welcome to the OVGS
2019 Spring Workshop
Thread Painting by Hand.... A Landscape
Instructor: Margot Kearney
Level: intermediate to advanced
Date: 2 day workshop Sat. April 13, 2019 10:30 am to 5 pm and Sunday, April 14, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Moncion's Independent Grocer, 671 River Rd. at the Vimy Memorial Bridge, Gloucester
Participants will need to supply:
· a photo: which "speaks to you" of water, fields, trees, hills etc. approx 4"x 6"(no paintings, card illustrations or computer/phone images). The photo should be your own or you should have permission to use it.
· sewing kit.
· tracing paper, pencil, eraser, ruler.
· floss in colours relevant to photo. Note that this project uses a lot of thread and that you will probably need several shades in many of the colours to achieve the gradations of colour appropriate to the landscape you have chosen. The instructor will be bringing some threads.
· good quality embroidery hoop with bound inner ring which will fit over entire image.
· small hoop and doodle cloth for practice.
· cotton or non-iron interfacing for lining of project.
Winter Workshop 2019
A Bargello Travel and Jewelry Case
Taught by Bonnie McEwen
Sunday, Jan. 13 & Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 at Moncion's Independent Grocer. 9:30-3:30 both days.
Workshop cost $8.00
Students must provide: DMC # 5 PEARL COTTON: 4 hanks of coordinating colour, one hank in a light colour, 2 hanks in a medium colour and one hank in a dark colour plus a fat quarter of fabric for finishing the case 2 buttons and some ribbon. This is a great way to make use of some of the stitched buttons from our button club.
Stitching Days for 2019
Stitching days booked at Moncion's Grocer for 2019
April No open stitching because of workshop
New Banner for OVGS
Here at last is the newest addition to our banner collection. This is the result of the 2016 summer stitching challenge to stitch different versions of our guild logo. There were 10 entries in total from our enthusiastic members. Kudos to all especially to Pauline K. who completed the quilting and finishing. it was exhibited proudly at the member's show at seminar in Charlottetown in July.
Kudos again to Jayne for winning the best Original Design awrd at this year's EAC nnational Seminar "Bridgeing Stitches" in Charlottetown. Her desin of the Ribbon Embroidered bag that was created for last years OVGS program won the day along with this wonderful badge of honour.
Congratulations on a Finish-9
Congratulations to Kim our new pressident on finishing her seminar class from Charlottetown "Mountmelick Revisited' a combination of stumpwork and mountmellick embroidery designed by Pam Cousins of BC.
Congratulations on a Finish-8
Congratualtions to Jayne our uberfinisher. She has completed her Tambour beading class from Seminar in Charlottetown. Design by Karen Torrisi from Australia.