2019 Spring Workshop
Thread Painting by Hand.... A Landscape
Instructor: Margot Kearney
Level: intermediate to advanced
Date: 2 day workshop Sat. April 13, 2019 10:30 am to 5 pm and Sunday, April 14, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Moncion's Independent Grocer, 671 River Rd. at the Vimy Memorial Bridge, Gloucester
Participants will need to supply:
· a photo: which "speaks to you" of water, fields, trees, hills etc. approx 4"x 6"(no paintings, card illustrations or computer/phone images). The photo should be your own or you should have permission to use it.
· sewing kit.
· tracing paper, pencil, eraser, ruler.
· floss in colours relevant to photo. Note that this project uses a lot of thread and that you will probably need several shades in many of the colours to achieve the gradations of colour appropriate to the landscape you have chosen. The instructor will be bringing some threads.
· good quality embroidery hoop with bound inner ring which will fit over entire image.
· small hoop and doodle cloth for practice.
· cotton or non-iron interfacing for lining of project.