Seminar 2014 will be located at the Algonquin Community College, Woodroffe Campus in Ottawa’s west end. The campus is filled with paths, walkways and elevators designed to make connections from the various buildings easy to navigate. There are also plenty of outdoor walking paths and courtyards to enjoy during the fine spring weather. The Woodroffe campus is located a 5 minute walk from one of the main transit changeover points on Ottawa’s Transitway at Woodroffe station.
Accommodations for Seminar 2014 will be located at the 4 Floor Residence center. Fully accessible with elevators, the residence offers suites that are fully furnished. The Suites are 2 bedrooms with double beds. They all have a shared bathroom and kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave. Each bedroom is equipped with air conditioning, telephone (local calls), and cable television with access to 45+channels. Each bedroom features complimentary Ethernet (please bring your own cable) and WIFI is available in hotspots. Laundry facilities are available. Parking at seminar 2014 is free for all attendees who stay at the residence.
Accommodation reservations will be made directly through Residence Services at Algonquin College. Detailed information regarding this will be included in your registration confirmation package which will be mailed in January 2014. Reservation and payment will be required in advance.
Meals will be taken in the main cafeteria of Algonquin College which is a short walk from residence.In addition light express style meals are available at the "35th Street Market Cafe" which is located on the ground floor of the Residence Building . This is also the location of a continental style breakfast which is included in the accommodation fee.
The Chances R restaurant and a Loblaws’ Superstore are located a 5 minute walk from the residence front door. There are a few other restaurants within a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk from the Campus. Transit service is convenient, and taxi’s are easily accessible.
- To reserve a room at Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West please call us toll free at 1-855-782-9772. Ask to reserve a room under the group block for the Embroiderers' Assoc. of Canada – Group Code – 162135
- If making a reservation for a single occupancy suite please provide all necessary information to the customer service representative when requested.
- If making a reservation for a double occupancy suite (shared with a roommate you have prearranged) please provide names for both guests of the suite along with any other information requested by the customer service representative. *VERY IMPORTANT* if sharing a suite please ensure only one guest of the suite contacts Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West to avoid being charged for duplicate reservations.
- Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West will not facilitate roommate matching, this is the responsibility of the individual guests.
- Payment for a suite is due in full at the time of check in.Check in will not be permitted until 3pm and such time the suite is paid in full for the entire stay.
- For double occupancy suites if guests are arriving separately the first guest to arrive will be responsible for full payment of the suite before check in will be permitted.
- Residence & Conference Centre – Ottawa West strongly suggests that guests of double occupancy suites designate one person to handle the reservation process and payment of the suite.
- Check out time will be 11am on day of departure.