Membership with the OVGS
OVGS Membership is open to anyone interested in furthering the practice and knowledge of the art of embroidery. Our members are of all skill levels, from beginners to nationally certified teachers, and practice a wide variety of techniques.
Why Should I Join the Guild?
- I can discover and enjoy the companionship of others who stitch.
- I can seek help from an OVGS “Technique Guru” on a stitching problem.
- I can develop my creative embroidery ideas with the help of fellow members.
- I can expand my knowledge and learn a variety of other types of embroidery through a variety of educational programmes at little or no cost.
- I can combine my love of stitching and support my community through OVGS Outreach programme.
- I have access to The “Member’s only” website which reports on activities of interest to our membership, includes a private bulletin board for sharing information about shops, classes and teachers, locating hard to find supplies, or seek out correspondance course partners.
- I can borrow from books and videos from the guild’s highly specialized lending library;
- I will receive discounts (with proof of membership) at selected stores.
- I can apply for the Marian Parry Annual Education Scholarship, named in honour of the late Marian Parry.
- I can attend the annual national Seminar.
- I can display my work at a variety of venues, such as OVGS public showings featuring a broad range of needle art pieces, including; originals commercial, educational and adaptations.
- I am automatically enrolled in the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada and have access to all the resources of the EAC including:
- Extensive lending library of books, slides and videos
- Study portfolios to aid in research and education of the Needle arts
- Individual and group correspondence courses in embroidery techniques from basic to intermediate;
- Teacher Certification Programme
- Receiving “Embroidery Canada” magazine, four issues yearly
- Contests, seminars, exhibitions, competitions and awards
All new members are welcome!
To apply for (or renew) membership, please;
- download and complete the application form New Application or Renewal of Membership for the OVGS 2021 (see note below)
Either bring them to the next meeting or send your completed form to the address on the form.
Attention: Membership Chairperson
(Please make cheque payable to: Ottawa Valley Guild of Stitchery)
See Meeting information for the meeting schedule, location information and directions.
NOTE: We also have a version of the application form that can be completed in a web browser: